Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Nesting

I was ready to write a post about all the things I hate about being pregnant when it dawned on me that no one wants to hear me complain, so instead I am going to post about one of the positive side effects of being pregnant, nesting. I was actually a bit surprised when this nesting side effect kicked in because I don't remember ever nesting in any of my previous pregnancies. I am not going to lie I really enjoy nesting, I feel much more accomplished at the end of the day because I am getting things done and I sleep better at night because I wear myself out during the day.

Here are 2 of the projects I have completed as a result of nesting. The first are wall letters to hang in the nursery. We are pretty sure that this little boys name will be Levi and if for some reason we change our minds I can always make new letters, they were super easy. You can't really tell from the pictures but the "I" has a solid brown background with darker brown polka dots. This next project was a little more involved. My friend Lillian gave us an old wardrobe they got from Ikea a while ago. I was super excited to get this wardrobe becasue we do not have a ton of storage space in our house. However the wardrobe was a light color and the furniture in the nursery is pretty dark. Not a big deal but I wanted it to match a little better so with the help of Jared I restained the wardrobe. The color isn't a perfect match to the rest of the furniture but I think it looks good. To finish off this project I made some curtains for the outside of the wardrobe.

Before:
After:Here is a close up of the fabric that I made the curtains out of. I am using these same fabrics in the baby blanket I am making for Levi.

9 comments:

Theresa said...

cute! I love nesting too I guess I really was nesting like my whole 2nd half of my pregnancy. :) am I still nesting? haha

Ellsworth Family said...

Super cute, will you please come to my house a nest!!!

Unknown said...

Super cute! I love the wardrobe, it looks so cute and EXPENSIVE! I'm glad you're thinking Levi for the baby. That's the name I've been telling Clayton and he loves it.

Maggie said...

Your projects look great! And Levi sounds like a keeper. I keep thinking of projects I'd like to do or finish, but most of the time I'm too tired! I did recover our high chair that is like 20 years old or something. The plastic was ripping, Sierra would pull at the stuffing, so it was definitely time to change it!

Maren and Rik said...

Wow, you're so crafty! The closet looks really good. I like the curtains.

Jen said...

I LOVE the curtains! What a great idea.

Diane Ripplinger, Gregg Ripplinger said...

It's amazing you can get those things done with other little people around! Kudos to you bigtime!! The projects look fabulous and fun. And about pregnancy---it's the 'fun' price we pay for bringing little ones into our home. Definitely worth it!

Lillian said...

hey good job on the wardrobe! I'm so impressed! It definitely never looked that organized when it was at my house. Too bad the whole nesting thing is over for me and now it's "get as much sleep as you can while the kids are napping" ...

Cynthia said...

Cute, cute, CUTE!!! I need some tips on decorating... yay for Levi!!!