Monday, December 31, 2007
As the year 2007 comes to a close I decided to reflect on the year through pictures. I hope you all enjoy the slideshow and Happy New Year! (Thanks Kristen and Summer for giving me this idea, I hope you don't mind that I stole it from you ;))
Saturday, December 29, 2007
The end result (we used food coloring water and spray bottles. This was actually really fun, I think I had just as much fun as Landon did).
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Winter is a time for fun in the snow....Apparently Landon does not agree...
OK so despite Landon giving Tori a candy cane and Landon freaking out at the snow this morning this week was pretty fun. Yesterday we made some sugar cookies and had our ward party. We had delicious food, LOTS of people, and Santa at the ward party. It has been snowing pretty much non stop since yesterday morning so church was cancelled. We spent sometime outside shoveling the snow and as you can see Landon was not a big fan. Oh well he will learn to love it.
Monday, December 10, 2007
4. She is beautiful. I know that every mom thinks their children are beautiful and I am no exception. Tori has some great features that I just love. She has a cute dimple, pretty eyes, and while she doesn't have much of it yet her hair is really great. In some lights it looks golden blond, in others light brown, and in others strawberry blond. I am really surprised that she doesn't have the white blond hair that Landon has but I am excited to see what it looks like as it grows out.
3. She is fun to dress. I really enjoy this stage where I can dress her in whatever I want because I know in a few years she is not going to let me do this anymore.
2. She loves her brother. Landon can make Tori smile and laugh more then any other person. I really love watching them play together.
1. She is easy going. Tori is just a sweet, content, easy going baby. I love her so much and I am glad that she is my daughter.
Wednesday, December 05, 2007
Monday, December 03, 2007
4. He is so polite. He always says please and thank you and he always asks if we are OK if he thinks something is wrong. If some one coughs (including himself) he will say "bless you" and the other day I was in his way and I hear " excuse me" as he tries to move past me.
3. He loves his Sister. Torilynn is Landon's best friend. He loves to "hold her" and play with her. Whenever I put Tori down for a nap Landon goes into her room and says "good night Tori love you." It is so sweet.
2. He is a great dancer and singer. There a few things that are more entertaining then watching Landon dance and listening to Landon sing. He loves to sing the songs he learns in nursery and whenever we listen to music he starts to dance.
1. He is always Happy. Well not always but I would say 95% of the time Landon is happy. He is always smiling and so loving. He is easy to forgive and in a lot of ways he has taught me why we need to become childlike, like it talks about in the scriptures.
Monday, November 26, 2007
Landon playing in the lights
Tori was not happy that I made her sit up to have her picture taken
She recovered quickly
Landon keeps looking at the tree and saying "It's so pretty"
I decided to start off my lists of favorite things with the list of my favorite children’s TV shows. As a mother of an almost three year old I watch a lot of toddler programming. While many of these shows drive me a little crazy there are some that I actually do enjoy.
5. Blues Clues. Blues Clues is not a new show to me, I remember being in high school and watching episodes with my little brothers. My one problem with Blues Clues now days is that they have replaced Steve with Joe. I really can not stand Joe, long live Steve!
4. Mickey Mouse Club House. This one makes my list because it is Landon’s absolute favorite show. He gets so excited when it comes on and it is fun watching him watch it.
3. The Backyardigans. This show has some really catchy songs and dances. Plus you can’t go wrong with a character named Uniqua.
2. The Wonder Pets. This one just makes me laugh. I especially love the episode when they have to help the puppy go potty.
1.Yo Gabba Gabba. Now for those of you that may have seen this show, I know it is a little creepy and I know that it is totally weird but I love it anyways. I really don’t know why this show is my favorite of all the kids’ shows but it is. I love how whenever it comes on Landon sings and dances along with all the songs.
Friday, November 23, 2007
This morning I woke up bright and early to brave the after Thanksgiving Day sales. No I am still not feeling well and yes I am crazy but they had some really good deals and I had not done any of my Christmas shopping yet. I ended up getting to the store at 5, was out of the store by 5:15, headed over to Target only to find it was not open yet, realized I needed to get gas, stopped by Old Navy to find they were not having any good sales, and finally decided not to wait for Target to open and to just go home (did that sentence even make sense?). I got home by 6:30 so I am pretty impressed with myself. After I got home Jared decided that he needed a taste of the craziness that is Black Friday and so he headed over to our local Walmart. He was home by 7:15. So all in all I think we made pretty good time. Regrettably I will have to brave the crowd again later today as I realized we are pretty much out of diapers and wipes.
I am getting excited for Christmas and I have decided that over the next few weeks I will be posting short lists of my favorite things, so keep an eye out. To get you into the spirit though click here It'll make you happy :)
Monday, November 19, 2007
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Landon was getting so mad because Torilynn kept trying to grab his shirtHe is done being cooperative and is done with having his picture taken
Tori kept trying to roll and grab her dress while getting her picture taken
A smirk from Tori was as close to the real deal as we could get .
I really like this picture of Landon.
Thursday, November 15, 2007
10. The Browns. The Browns are a sweet older couple in our ward. They are so cute and so nice. Sister Brown invited us over to their house for Thanksgiving this year which is so great. I was actually pretty depressed about spending yet another Thanksgiving without family but they turned that all around. Sister Brown is also watching Landon tomorrow while Jared has surgery eve though she has to take another Sister in the ward to the doctors. Brother Brown has let us borrow his lawn mower to mow our lawn on multiple occasions. The Browns are seriously some of the nicest most selfless people that I have ever met.
9. The Office and John Krasinski. Jared and I seriously watch this show all the time and it never gets old. Oh and John Krasinski would totally be my boyfriend if I wasn't married ;).
8. My In-laws. I have really been blessed as far as my in-laws go. I really have the best in-laws in the world. They are all kind, considerate and attractive people :).
7. My brother Matt. Right now he is serving a mission and I am so proud of him. On top of that he is such a great kid. He is so funny and one of my best friends. He is a peace maker and he gets along with everyone. Even though he is my younger brother he really is an example to me.
6. The rest of my Family. I honestly have the best family ever. They are all great people and so fun to be around. I have the best sister who is so sweet and beautiful. I have an older brother who has always set a good example for his younger siblings and I have 5 great younger brothers who are just fun to be around. They are also so funny and there are few people I'd rather spend time with. I am also grateful for my parents. They are awesome!
5. My Nephews. I have the cutest nephews ever and they are so fun to be around. I am so glad that Clayton and Landon are so close in age and that they love playing with each other. Noah and Brighton are such cute happy boys it is hard not fall in love with them.
4. All of our Friends. I have been blessed through my life to have the best of friends. Having moved across the world I really miss all of friends from Reno, Vegas and other places. I am lucky enough to be contact with friends that I have had for years and I love hearing how they are doing.
3. Education. School, school, and more school has been the name of the game for Jared and I our whole marriage At times I am frustrated that we are still doing the school thing but I am so grateful for the educational opportunities that we have had. I am also grateful for a husband that values not only his own education but also mine.
2. The Gospel. I feel like I have been blessed beyond what I deserve by having the gospel in my life. I am so grateful for it and huge part it plays in raising my family. I am so glad that I know who I am and what where I am going.
1. My Cute little family. Ok so maybe we aren't so cute in this picture but I seriously have the most wonderful family ever. I am married to my best friend and I have the sweetest, most fun, most beautiful children. I love them so much!
So now it's your turn. I'd love to hear about what all of you are thankful for!
The Office is my all time favorite show. Due to a writers strike in Hollywood tonight’s episode of The Office will be the last episode until the strike ends. I am pretty sad about this as watching The Office is one of the highlights of my week. Hopefully the strike will be over soon and we can get back to new episodes. Until then at least I have hilarious clips like this to tide me over.
Saturday, November 10, 2007
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
1. I am pretty much an 11 year old girl stuck in a 24 year olds body. I love Hannah Montana, High School Musical, and Radio Disney.
2. After we put the kids in bed we break out the ice cream and other snacks. If Landon knew what went on after he goes to bed he wouldn’t ever want to sleep.
3. I love lightening storms. Living in Indiana we get a lot of them. I love to turn off all the lights, open the blinds, and turn on some music, and just watch the lightening.
4. I secretly teach my child phrases like “fo shizzle” because I think it is funny.
5. I love to just be at home with my family. I don’t need a lot going on in my life to feel fulfilled.
6. I miss going to school. If one day Jared decides to become a professor I think I will take full advantage of free tuition and take as many classes as I can. I’d like to get second bachelors in Biology one day.