Friday, November 23, 2007

Thankgiving and Black Friday

Well I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Ours was really nice (despite 3/4 of us being sick). We spent the afternoon over at a older couple in wards house. There ended up being about 13 adults there and 3 kids so we had plenty of people to visit it with. The food was delicious and we really had a nice time. I wish that we could have spent Thanksgiving with family ( this is the 4th year since we have been married that we have not been able to be home for Thanksgiving and I have not had Thanksgiving with my family for 8 years) and I am especially sad that we had to miss out on the big Brunner Thanksgiving in Utah but I am so thankful for the church and for the kind loving people here in Elkhart.
This morning I woke up bright and early to brave the after Thanksgiving Day sales. No I am still not feeling well and yes I am crazy but they had some really good deals and I had not done any of my Christmas shopping yet. I ended up getting to the store at 5, was out of the store by 5:15, headed over to Target only to find it was not open yet, realized I needed to get gas, stopped by Old Navy to find they were not having any good sales, and finally decided not to wait for Target to open and to just go home (did that sentence even make sense?). I got home by 6:30 so I am pretty impressed with myself. After I got home Jared decided that he needed a taste of the craziness that is Black Friday and so he headed over to our local Walmart. He was home by 7:15. So all in all I think we made pretty good time. Regrettably I will have to brave the crowd again later today as I realized we are pretty much out of diapers and wipes.
I am getting excited for Christmas and I have decided that over the next few weeks I will be posting short lists of my favorite things, so keep an eye out. To get you into the spirit though click here It'll make you happy :)

No comments: