Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!


When you have kids the Halloween festivities seem to stretch over the course of the whole month of October. We went to the pumpkin patch, we carved pumpkins, we had our ward Trunk or Treat, we had a fun Halloween FHE treat on Monday, Landon had a Halloween part at preschool on Wednesday and he has another one today, and tonight we Trick-or-Treat! I love celebrating holidays now that I have kids, it is so fun to watch them get excited about everything and it reminds me to appreciate the small, simple things in life.

This year for costumes I decided to recycle the kids costumes from last year so Landon will be a dragon, Tori will be a ladybug (I can't believe her costume from last year still fits!), and Ella will be a butterfly (she was the only one to get a new costume this year). Originally I was going to try and find other costumes for the kids but Landon and Tori were so excited when I got out their costumes from last year I figured I'd save a little money and reuse them. I think that next year I want to try my hand at making the kids' costumes but we will see if that actually happens.

6 comments:

The Watts said...

cute scrapbook page, can't wait for the pictures of the kids in the costumes! Yeah the Holidays are awesome when you have your children, on the flip side as you grow up the kids are gone, it gets kinda depressing and hard to find ways to get that excitement again! MOVE CLOSER...j/k

The Watts said...

okay so there are tiny pictures of their costumes in the scrapbook page, but I want bigger ones!

Theresa said...

cute. it's so cute that they were excited about their costumes from laster year,... if it ain't broke don't fix it,.. I say. :)

BDN said...

Haha. Logan's dragon costume cracks me up again! :)

They are so cute!

Unknown said...

what a cute layout! I know - the magic of every holiday is so magnified with kids!! Happy Haunting tonight!

Blissful & Domestic said...

I seriously love the holidays now even more then I was little I totally agree they seem to last all month long since you get to do so many fun activities with the kids. and how awesome that their costumes still fit :>