Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

Today I ended up staying home from Church with Landon and Ella. Landon wanted to watch a movie so we decided to watch the Testaments (or Jesus Sunbeam as Landon likes to call it). Landon asks to watch this movie almost every Sunday (mostly because it is the only movie we own that he is allowed to watch on Sunday) but I rarely pay attention to the whole movie. Today I decided to sit down and really watch it. As I watched different parts of the Saviors life I was really struck with the true meaning of Easter. I feel so blessed to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life, to have a testimony that because Jesus Christ decided to atone and die for my sins I can live with Him, my Father in Heaven, and my family after this life is over. I am not a very eloquent person (I am sure you all know this having read my blog) so I will leave you all with the First Presidencies Easter Message:
"At this Easter season of hope and renewal we testify of the glorious reality of the atonement and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. The empty tomb brought comforting assurance and provided the answer to the question of Job, “If a man die, shall he live again?” (Job 14:14).
Because of the Savior’s resurrection we will overcome death and become the beneficiaries of His mercy and grace. In a world of trouble and uncertainty, His peace fills our hearts and eases our minds. Jesus is in very deed “the way, the truth, and the life” (John 14:6).
We give our sure witness that Jesus is the Christ. Though He was crucified, He rose triumphant from the tomb to our everlasting blessing and benefit. To each member of the human family He stands as our Advocate, our Savior, and our Friend."

Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Shayla said...

"Jesus Sunbeam" eh? That's cute. Brent and Brighton watched that yesterday too. Hope people are feeling better. I'm looking forward to seeing the kids' Easter outfits!

The Watts said...

how awesome to have a child ask to watch such a movie! I will always remember how young Jared was when he liked to read the Bible.

Unknown said...

You are such a good mommy! You are so blessed to be able to be home with your precious little ones. Thanks for sharing all your fun with us! We love you and miss you!